Sunday, April 18, 2010

Welcome everyone!

Welcome to my blog! For the next year I will be sharing here my experience as a YAV in New Orleans, Louisiana. I am expecting a very challenging and exciting year, and am happy to share it with all of you, my family and friends.

I am not sure of my exact volunteer placement but plan on working specifically within a church in the field of youth ministry and whatever other needs the church may have.

I am only just beginning my fundraising efforts needed in order to support my year of ministry. I need a total of $6500 with half of that being due in July. If you would like to make a donation of support, checks can be made out to the Presbytery of South Louisiana with my name in the memo line and sent to the following address:


Kathy Lee
YAV Coordinator
Presbytery of South Louisiana
3700 Gentilly Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70122

I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their support in my life-changing year of giving back through service. I looked forward to sharing my thoughts with you and hearing your comments. God bless!

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Hello, old friend. I caught site of this in the sounds, God love them.

    Good luck. Everyone I've known who did YAVs appreciated the experience. Until we cross paths again, take care.

    Gray

    ReplyDelete